Updated July 2007
1. Traffic Data. YourRun.com collects the following information from you automatically when you visit this site:
YourRun.com uses this information to administer and improve your experience on YourRun.com, to help diagnose and troubleshoot potential server malfunctions, and to gather broad demographic information.
2. Personal Information YourRun.com Collects. You do not have to submit a story to YourRun.com to visit the Web site and access much of our content and services. However, in order to submit a story to YourRun.com, you need to provide the following information:
YourRun.com and its e-mail newsletters contain "web beacons". Web beacons allow YourRun.com to count users that have visited a web page or opened an email that contains a web beacon. Using this information, YourRun.com is able to measure the effectiveness of its advertising and how visitors use its site. This allows YourRun.com to learn what pages are most attractive to its visitors, which parts of its site are the most interesting and what kind of offers its members like to see. Some of the web beacons that are in place on YourRun.com are used only by YourRun.com, and other web beacons are from its vendors and advertisers who use this data to assist YourRun.com in analyzing how visitors use the site. In addition, YourRun.com has agreements with various affiliate networks that promote YourRun.com on their affiliate Web sites. These affiliate advertisers may use web beacons in their advertisements to track users who click through from the affiliate Web site to the YourRun.com Web site.
4. Uses of Information. At YourRun.com, everything we do, including how we handle your personal information, is designed to show how much we value our visitors. Your information assists us in understanding the kinds of benefits and services that may suit our visitors' needs and interests. Other than as described herein, we do not share your personal information with any third parties outside of our existing and potential partners.
YourRun.com partners with a number of companies, which are listed on our Web site and our emails. YourRun.com may share individually identifying information about you with these partners so that they can augment their customer files, deliver products or services that you have requested, or perform market research. However, YourRun.com's partners will only use your individually identifying information to send direct solicitations if you agree to receive them or if you are an existing customer or become a customer of these companies. On occasion, YourRun.com will share information about its members with potential partners, but this information will only be used in an aggregated form or limited to research purposes to determine the feasibility of a future partnership arrangement.
YourRun.com may send regular newsletters and other correspondence to you. After you register for YourRun.com, you may receive communications from us including those in which we may describe specific offers from our partners, as well as news and updates related to YourRun.com. You may opt out of receiving YourRun.com correspondence by opting-out of receiving future emails as described at the bottom of each communication from YourRun.com.
5. Third Party Offers. On occasion, YourRun.com is able to offer you special products or services through a relationship with a third party. In those cases, the offer will be brought to you by YourRun.com and fulfilled by the third party. If you accept the offer, you will become a customer of the company that is fulfilling the offer and YourRun.com will not have control over their use of the information that you provide to them when you accept the offer.
YourRun.com.com contains links to other sites. It is possible for you to receive information directly from our partners and other companies if you access them through a link on YourRun.com.com or if you go directly to their Web sites. Once you are on their sites, any data that you supply to these partners, for example, to obtain information or buy products directly from them is beyond YourRun.com's reach and will be the responsibility of each of the linked-to entities and not YourRun.com. YourRun.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites or any other sites linked to or referenced on YourRun.com.
YourRun.com may receive requests to transfer information for legal purposes. YourRun.com will disclose the identities of its users to comply with law or a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or other legal proceeding. YourRun.com also may disclose personal information in order to enforce its rights under its agreement with its members or to protect the rights, property and safety of its members, employees and partners, including exchanging information for fraud and theft protection.
6. Children's Privacy. None of YourRun.com's products or services is intended for purchase by children. Further, members must be 18 years old or older to submit information to YourRun.com. Accordingly, YourRun.com does not knowingly, either offline or online, collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
8. Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the practices of this Web site, please contact: .