Updated July 2006
1. YourRun.com May Use Your Submission. By submitting a story or photo (each, a "submission") to YourRun.com, you hereby grant to YourRun.com a non-exclusive, fully-paid, royalty-free, and perpetual worldwide license to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such submission and the information therein in any medium and to create derivative works from such information. A back-up or residual copy of your submission may remain on YourRun.com servers even if your submission is removed from YourRun.com, and YourRun.com retains the rights to those copies. You represent and warrant that (a) you own the submission submitted by you to YourRun.com or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (b) the posting of your submission on or through YourRun.com does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any submission posted by you to or through YourRun.com.
2. YourRun.com May Edit Your Submissions. YourRun.com reviews all submissions and reserves the right to revise any submission prior to publishing for the purpose of improving its readability and to satisfy space constraints on this site. Such revisions may include, without limitation, the correction of spelling and grammatical errors, as well as the elimination of any material YourRun.com deems to be inappropriate, unlawful or obscene. YourRun.com further reserves the right to modify for any reason any submission at any time after such submission has been posted on YourRun.com.
3. YourRun.com May Not Post or May Remove Your Submission. YourRun.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to not post all or any portion of any submission. YourRun.com further reserves the right to remove for any reason any submission at any time after such submission has been posted on YourRun.com.
4. Accuracy of Information. To maintain the overall integrity of the data within this site, YourRun.com requests that users refrain from posting inaccurate running results or inaccurate information of any kind. YourRun.com cannot guarantee that all of the data and information within this site is accurate. YourRun.com does not verify the identity of people posting stories to this site, and you assume the risk of believing any of the stories you read. YourRun.com is not responsible for the truth, completeness, objectivity, or usefulness of any submissions. If YourRun.com discovers inaccurate information that has been submitted, YourRun.com may, at its election, delete such information and ban the user from the site.
5. Post Only Proper Information. YourRun.com is open to the public. Disclose only what you feel comfortable disclosing. Anyone can read your postings. Post only that information that you want the public to see. In addition, please do not post any of the following:
6. Must Be 18 to Make a Submission. Because the safety of children is very important to us, YourRun.com complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. To ensure that we do not collect personally identifying information from children under the age of 13, YourRun.com's submission process does not allow persons under the age of 18 to submit information to YourRun.com.
7. Stories Provided for Informational Purposes Only. All of the material provided by YourRun.com, including, without limitation, the submitted stories, is for informational purposes only and is not intended nor is it implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice or the advice or guidance of a certified physical trainer. Prior to embarking on any physical activity, such as running and training for a marathon or half marathon, always consult your physician, certified physical trainer or other qualified healthcare provider regarding any questions you may have concerning the suitability of such activity for your personal situation. Under no circumstances shall YourRun.com be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through YourRun.com.